Tips on changing the water pump?

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 21 20:29:47 CDT 2009

Steve Obert wrote:
> Need to change the water pump after 160k miles.  Any tips on how to get to
> it?

Weird.  I've been working the last week on replacing the pump in the
Wife's Miata for the 2nd time, and re-subscribed to the Miata mailing
list, which has comprised the majority of my inbox of late.  I really,
really HATE timing belts and any work that requires getting into coolant.

I've not done an SE-R one myself, but good ol' SE-R.net has these:
http://www.se-r.net/engine/water_pump/se-r_water_pump.htm
http://www.se-r.net/engine/water_pump/se-r_water_pump_photo.htm
http://www.se-r.net/heat_ac/coolant.html

Also just finished swapping a fuel gauge sender in Dad's 2006 Frontier.
  Kinda neat truck:  VQ40DE (4.0L V6) with a 6-speed manual (?!) and
4WD.  Doesn't seem to have the quality feel of the early/mid 1990s
Nissans, though.

-Wayne Cox