snap, crackle, pop go my speakers

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 24 22:54:24 CST 2009

Would be lovely if it were so, but I'm skeptical, because the only
requirement for the static to occur is that the head unit be on. I don't
have to touch the volume at all, and adjusting volume does not have any
effect. It's easy enough to pull the center stack trim and take the head
unit out, so I may try plugging in the '91 deck if the connector fits.
Unfortunately the problem is not very repeatable as I never know when
the sound system will be bad. Most of the time it is fine.

David