Mosport International Raceway

Frank Ewald frank_ewald at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 10 06:12:05 CST 2009

Hi Kieran,
This is MIR which is also known as the Big Track and the Grand Prix
Track. All are the same thing. Track layout is shown on my website -
but at MIR there is only one layout.

Mosport also has the rinky dink track - which is still a fun,
technical track - that is called the Driver Development Track or
Centre. Also referred to as the old karting track. Then Mosport has a
new kart track and it has an oval. I have had events at both - and
later this summer will probably have an event at the DDC. The date is
the weekend of the US holiday weekend - I just don't know if your
holiday is on the Friday or the Monday. It's the Friday right after
Canadian's holiday Monday.

You've shared your track and instructing experience with me
previously. You'd need a ride-along for a few laps to be signed off
and then you'd be set for the day. This would NOT require any
additional fees, unless you chose to have a coach for the day.

Right now I've got a full slate of coaches with a waiting list. I
will keep you in mind and I'm envious of anyone who has a track that
just ten minutes from their house. I'm two hours from any track!

Frank