diagnosing a mystery current drain

Jim Wright wrightj at apple.com
Thu Nov 20 00:42:09 CST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 11:26 PM, David Pertuz wrote:

> So....I hook my meter up in series with the ground terminal, and I get
> no current reading. Zero point zero zero. ?!??

OK, silly things.  Make sure that your meter leads are plugged into
the correct jacks to measure current, also try setting your display to
a lower range to read smaller currents.

The radio, clock in the dash, car alarm, etc, will all be using a
small amount of current.  You should be reading something...  Turn the
parking lights on, that should show that you're pulling some current
and verify your meter is working.