Numerically LOWER Final Drive?

Raymond A. Kawski rkawski at e-rak.com
Wed Oct 8 08:07:54 CDT 2008

Wayne wrote:

> good acceleration, then have 5th just drop way the hell off for a
> highway gear.

Well on a VE at Watkins Glen and I'm sure long course at
Pocono 5th is already too tall as I max out 4th and have to
shift to 5th and the car falls on its face in 5th.

If you don't track the car or it's turbo a lower gear would be better.

> The G20 has a lower final drive that might be swappable.  I'd guess the
> ring gear would bolt in, but I don't know if the layshaft's output gear

You would need probably the ring gear, main shaft, input and main 5th gears.
Come to think of it 5th is the only gear on the input shaft that is swappable.
This is probably so they only had to have one input shaft for G20/SE-R.

RK