Starting issues

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Wed Apr 30 17:00:05 CDT 2008

IIRC this is a starter issue. I seem to remember this coming up in the past. I realize your starter is relatively new, but that doesn't mean it isn't bad - especially since it's likely a reman.

---- Darren Calbero <DarrenC at ampartners.com> wrote:

=============
Hi all,

I've been having starting issues for a very long time now on my '91
SE-R. In the past few months, after a decent amount of driving and a
hot engine, the car will occasionally not start. You can hear the
solenoid click but that's about it. If I wait for the engine to cool
down, meaning a few hours of waiting, the engine will start-up with no
problem. The battery is less than a year old, the starter is a few
months old, and I just replaced both the negative and positive battery
wires. Previous to the alternator change, I could start my car up even
when it's hot but occasionally I would have to turn the key a number of
times (hearing the solenoid clicking) before the starter kicked in. I
also found during that time that if I had a portable jumper, I could
start it up easily. I did add a grounding kit about 18 months ago to
help with my initial problem, but that really didn't solve it.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
DC