SR20 20th ?!?

Jon turboser3006 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 15 23:10:15 CST 2008

Last year I decided my Nissans ('96 Max and '96 200SX) were taking too
much of my time wrenching. I sold them both and traded my F150 on a '07
Civic LX sedan. Got the wife a '07 Accord V6 with the 6-spd. Neither is
a replacement for my SER, but they have their points.

The Accord is a nice sporty sedan. It is so quiet it was almost weird at
first. Plenty of power, same fuel mileage as the Max it replaced and
burns regular gas. It handles good but not great, the brakes are average
and the factory tires are possibly the worst things on any car I've ever
owned. Dual climate control... can I get an "Amen"?

The Civic has lots of power compared to the 200SX it replaces (GA16) and
turns in the same fuel mileage. 140 Honda hp still can't touch 140
Nissan hp from a SR20. It handles amazingly well. The brakes work good
too. I drive in some very hilly terrain with switchbacks and the like,
they never get hot or fade. The one thing I don't like - tuning. The
engine hesitates every so often and I find it annoying. I think if I was
in the market for a SER replacement, I would have bought the Si.

I miss my 200SX. I don't miss working on old cars all the time though.
For the occasions I still get in the mood for wrenching, I bought a '85
Cub Cadet lawn tractor with a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel. It looks like a
piece of crap but sounds like it wants to eat the other puny lawn tractors.

I really miss my truck. I don't miss Ford. I was almost happier to be
rid of Ford than I was to get my new car. I traded 3 weeks before the
warranty ran out. Enough said.

Jon Davis