SE-R Replacement

bodyart27 at aol.com bodyart27 at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 19:50:29 CST 2008

I'll never sell my little se-r. What would I do for that once a year (ok, maybe once every three years) track car? I still dream of an updated burns exhaust, real race tires and the latest and greatest jim wolff cams... I dream of 200 whp! OK, that and in ten years having my car featured in an "Old School" SE-R article in SCC (Mike - keep me in mind!)

But sad to say my daily driver is now a 84 300sd - can't get a ticket if I tried in a diesel mercedes! That was a gift from mom. It's the car I snuck out in high school, so it's like a family heirloom. I wrench like crazy on it to keep her a driver - now at 245K miles. I bought? a 97 S600 with 44K miles - just because I somehow I justified internally that I needed a 6 liter v-12. Hey, 420lb ft of torque never sucks! Still have the '01 CLK55. It has 9.5K miles and is the garage queen.

The wife gets the next car. She has a brutal commute and has put ~70K miles on her '04 TSX (solid little car - we never had a single warranty claim!). Now she wants an SUV. Ugh. Never thought I'd see the day, but we have a baby girl due in 2 more months! Yikes!!!

As George R will attest, at least I got the dream garage I wanted - lift and all! But I won't have a new ride any time soon with the baby on the way and the wife next up to bat for a new car. I can't complain - I have plenty of car fun at hand. There is always something that needs some wrenching or a car that needs fluid and filters. I get to play in the garage regularly and I?quitely build up the arsenal of metric tools (shhh - don't tell the wife).

Speaking of Skylines - my father, mr viper, has been talking to Courtesy Nissan. He's on the list but it looks like they are? $10K-$15K + sticker here in Dallas. Ouch. Even my dad hates that idea, but evidently there is quite an investment in tools and training for Courtesy to become a Skyline dealer. Good news is even the Viper guys are saying it's the real deal, and probably under rated on hp!

Still love the SE-R community. Some of the best people on the planet. I'll continue to lurk, and read. I'm here. Just don't post much.

~shell in dallas