SE-R Replacement

russell mcmullan cleanone at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 06:28:40 CST 2008

If I wanted a direct replacement for an SE-R, my choice would be a Mini Cooper S.  I spent some time on Road America with my Uncle's STI which was fun if not a bit intimidating at first.  During the lunch time parade laps, I hopped in a Mini Cooper S and felt right at home.  It had all of the handling characteristics that I was used to from the SE-R, It is a fun drive.

As it turns out, I replaced my daily driver SE-R (actually it was a swapped E) for a 2002 Toyota MR-2 Spyder.  I wanted a 2 seat roadster, and the Spyder has the most interior room (I'm 6'-3").  Talk about a fun car!!!  The steering has a super quick ratio and the car is just 2195lbs from the factory.  It is and autocross machine!!  I autocross it while my '92 SE-R ITA race car sits on jack stands with the dampers being freshend up at Koni never to be street driven again.

Russell McMullan
Orlando, Fl
on the list since '99