rod bearing sizing on high-mileage motors

naserbytyci at yahoo.com naserbytyci at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 14:28:00 CST 2008

Savy, typo
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne <wc701lists at bellsouth.net>

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:26:12
To:se-r at lists.deskmedia.com
Subject: Re: rod bearing sizing on high-mileage motors

naserbytyci at yahoo.com wrote:
> Are you suggesting that I do not have a true VVl, just wondering

Just being a smart ass.  If you say you have a SRxxVE engine, I won't doubt it.  But it employs Nissan VVL.  VTEC is a Honda technology and trademark;  just like "Valvetronic" only comes in BMWs, and "Positraction" in Chevrolets.

Yes, I call any brand of snot rag a "Kleenex", but those have been around for almost a hundred years.  Variable valve timing mechanisms are current technology, so to me it makes sense to call them by the correct manufacturers' name.

   -Wayne    '06 RSX-S / '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata