SR20 Forum - BLAH!

Dan Thompson braedon.kael at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:59:23 CST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 2:00 PM,  <JaretR1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I have seen people post a question on a forum only to get flamed by 20
> different people for asking the question.

I have to admit, this one made me chuckle.  I seem to remember the
list being very much like this when it came to "noobs" and their
questions.  "RTFM," "Check se-r.net," and "Search the archives" were
typically seen in the scoldings they'd receive from many, many list
members.

Nevertheless, I agree that forums tend to be much more tedious to us
old-timers than good old plain-text email messages.  Logging in and
reading requires you to "Go To First Unread" and "Mark All As Read" if
you don't want to read over all umpteen-thousand messages in the post
since its inception.  Still, it seems to be the way things are going.
Oh well... change or be left behind.

Dan