Brake + Battery Light + Voltmeter offer

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Fri Dec 7 14:44:59 CST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 1:30 PM, Steve Obert <obert at snet.net> wrote:
> It is my belief that the light from the alternator bulb bleeds over to the
> brake indicator.

Not so.  The lights are separated by another lamp (at least on my 91
and pretty sure my 93 was the same) and both light very distinctly.
If I get the chance I'll fire up mine and snap a pic later.

> In the old days ( before fuel injection ) you could drive for quire a while
> without a charging system.  Once I drove back from Pennsylvania to
> Connecticut without a charging system.

I've done about 50 miles in a B13 SE-R on a full battery and no alternator,
at highway speeds with the headlights on and the stereo cranked. One
of the situations where the lights will not come on is if you don't
plug the harness into the new alternator you just installed.  Oops.

I did build the adapter for my Maxima conversion, but I've been too big
a wuss to go out in the cold and pull the dead stock unit yet.

--
Mark Holden
meh710 at gmail.com