Comments on: JGY and JWT Was: avoid JGY..

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 08:51:33 CDT 2007

One thing about opinions, they are like @$$holes...  everyone has one and
not all are clean.

JGY - I have bought a few parts from Jason and was always dealth with very
professionally, parts arrived in good shape and in a timely manner.  I would
purchase form him again.

JWT ECU - I had my ECU tuned by Clark when IDET'd my Classic.  45k miles of
trouble free service.  I did not have the facilities to tune an open source
system and since this was a daily driver, I still feel that the $700 for an
off the shelf, tuned JWT ECU was the best money I spent.  The car ran
flawless and it was not pig rich either.  I PASSED King county (Seattle)
emissions with it so it must be a good tune.  It then ran perfect when we
moved tot he desert and 100° summer temps with the A/C on.  Saw as low as
8mpg when I was beating it, and the wife saw 34 MPG when she made a rare
long didstance trip in my car.  Usually we drove hers.  Even for a stock DET
the car was fast.  It is all relative.  I would buy one again.

Erik Halvorson