Redundant help questions

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 30 19:55:42 CST 2007

Hello all....

First off, I wholeheartedly admit I am sending this Email rather than  taking
the time to try and find the answers to these questions myself.

My 91 SE-R has been rather ignored over the past years so I am definitely
out of the loop.

My buddy who is an ASE mechanic and I who is not a mechanic at all are  going
to attempt to replace the clutch, CV boots, struts, and whatever else we  can
get to or looks like we can replace while the car is on jack stands.  I  want
to get the car in reliable running condition so I can enjoy it on the
weekends and occasionally drive it to work.  It still runs fine, but the  original
clutch is on its last leg and I have a cracked CV boot so that needs to  be
addressed.

First off, is there any tips, advice, pointers, lessons learned anyone can
share that has attempted these jobs?

Second, I got a DVD of a service manual for a 94, but mine is a 91.  I  am
sure the changes were minor, I dont think that should be a problem?

Thirdly, what is a good source for parts. Such as a good Nissan dealer to
get OEM parts that are important.

Lastly, the car has 120K miles...and will only be used sparingly...does
anyone recommend replaceing anything specific while we go over the car?

Lastly lastly, has anyone had any experience with trying to exchange Tokico
struts?

Thanks ahead of time,

Jaret