Just dropping in

bodyart27 at aol.com bodyart27 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 09:05:31 CDT 2005

I still "lurk" on the list. My 91 SE-R left the garage only a couple of times last year (I think I only put 1,000 miles on the car in the last two years). The big outing for the car was the Nat'l Convention in Austin. After that it sat for five months until I could address a leaking steering rack and a torn CV boot. The car is too nice to let go, but I don't drive her on the street (won't pass emissions, I stopped trying $$$ to get her to pass). The car's rotors were toast after the track outing at the Nat'l Convention and I just can't blow $1,000 on the fastbrakes BABK that I want oh so bad for the car.

I wonder if I'm like a lot of the "old school" group. Life has brought us changing priorities and new cars. For me, last year brought my first house purchase, last month I asked Allison to marry me after dating for four years, and now we have to save for a wedding next year. All those events suck money out of my mad scientist plans for my little SE-R. Add to the fact that there are not that many events in a year to track my car, and the SE-Rs slips down on the priority list of projects.

My hat goes off to the Mike Kojima, and others (you know who you are) that carry the flag for SR20DEs. After the Nat'l Convention I was glad to see there are quite a few new enthusiasts keeping our little cult alive.

I suspect there are others like myself - love to see what's going on (read the posts, check out the forum and websites from time to time), but are taking a more passive role at this time.

shell
dallas, tx