Overheated in NC

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sat May 28 20:27:09 CDT 2005

When I had my car ('93) at the track at TWS several years ago at the
convention, I started running hot and had to crank up to the heater because
I was running my usual year-round mix of antifreeze and water, which was
pretty biased toward winter. If I had been running more water I would not
have overheated. What coolant mix do you have?

If you were overheating on the drive home I'd look at the water pump to see
if the bearing is biting it and it is weeping from the holes. I've found
that if the car gets mildly overheated (e.g. burst radiator or whatever)
and the pump is old it will often hasten its death.

David