Repairing S3 Cams

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:08:53 CST 2005

I scored a set of damaged S3R cams from another LM.  The cams survived
a catastrophic oil pressure drop, but not gracefully.  The journal
surfaces of the cams (not the lobes) are deeply scored.  Some of the
journal surface is still true to the JWT grind (round, smooth).

I'm sure that I could mic out the undamaged OD and grind the peaks off
of the scratches, put the cams in, and they'd run, but I'm not sure
that's the best thing to do.  Can I grind the entire journal undersize
and put some kind of a bushing between the cam and the bearing?

--
-=|JP|=-   "Here; Let me show you how squeeze de fish..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |      cowboydren at b15sentra dot net        |