2005 SERCA Convention update

Bruce.Hearn at cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn at cd-tech.com
Tue Feb 1 14:43:43 CST 2005

Update as of 01-Feb-05
1) Booked Texas World Speedway April 1.
2) Checking on group rates for racer-friendly hotel in College Station for
   Thursday, March 31.
3) Waiting to hear from Peter Jackson if AAA can get us group rate at any of
   the three Embassy Suites in Austin.
4) Waiting to hear from Greg Vogel's t-shirt contact about a design.

We need help with the following:
1) email my t-shirt concept to another designer (Bruce).
2) It was requested by Luis Laprada(sp?), a graphic artist offering t-shirt
   designs, to post photos of previous Convention t-shirts.  I will  provide
   1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2004.  Who can help with 1998 and 2002?
3) Update SERCA site to provide latest Convention info and set up registration
   page (Kyle or Kurt).
4) Arrange park in Austin for Sunday, April 3 (Anyone? Anyone?)
5) Arrange caterer for Sunday, April 3 (Bueller?)
6) Tickle CAG to send Convention stuff he promised late last year.
7) Do we want track concession stand operating for our event?  If we can get
   more than 40 cars we have no financial obligation for them to operate.  Less
   than 40 cars requires us to pay for one of their two crew (~$80 for the day).
   We can also opt to not have them open for business.  I would like to have
   them open as it relieves me of the burden of providing me food and drink for
   the day.

Your help is appreciated.

BiH