Engine swap into G20

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Sun Nov 14 17:39:18 CST 2004

On Nov 14, 2004, at 5:22 PM, George Roffe wrote:

> I'm assuming you mean high-port (early SR20DE in the US).  To my
> knowledge you can't or shouldn't swap intake manifolds between high
> port and low port.  I also thought that the low port SR20DE was US
> only.  Or perhaps both are low port?

Low-port. Log on top, injectors underneath. Beautifully clean engine
from Soko... when we took off the exhaust manifold, there wasn't a
speck grime in any of the little crevices of the block.

> Can you tell us where that extra sensor is located on the original
> engine?  I wonder if it's a temp sensor for emissions.

I haven't seen it... he said on the intake side of the manifold, by the
emissions stuff over there. It is there on the G20 engine, and not the
new engine. Perhaps I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

> As for the harnesses being different, that's OK as long as you use all
> the US sensors.

I'm talking about the fuel-injector harness, that little one that stays
on the engine. He says it has a different pin count. Can you even use
overseas fuel-injectors with a US ECU?

> You may be correct that he may need to swap out the intake manifold.

That's what I think.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd