Engine swap into G20

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 14 17:22:17 CST 2004

Lawrence Weeks wrote:

>David Pertuz is here in Chicago swapping a red-top low-port SR20 into
>his G20. The engine came from Soko, and appears to be of European
>origin, based on the manufacturers of various components on it.

>He wants to use the intake manifold and FI harness on the engine, but
>has run into a couple issues. One is that there appears to be a sensor
>on the G20 which the replacement engine does not have, and another is
>that the FI harness appears to be different.

>Anybody have any insight into this? I suggested from the beginning that
>he'd probably have to swap intake manifold from the old engine.

I'm assuming you mean high-port (early SR20DE in the US).  To my knowledge
you can't or shouldn't swap intake manifolds between high port and low
port.  I also thought that the low port SR20DE was US only.  Or perhaps
both are low port?

Can you tell us where that extra sensor is located on the original
engine?  I wonder if it's a temp sensor for emissions.

As for the harnesses being different, that's OK as long as you use all the
US sensors.  You may be correct that he may need to swap out the intake
manifold.  When I installed the DET there were only two connectors I didn't
use.  One was the EGT sensor for emissions that was never used outside CA
AFAIK, and one of the little emissions thingies that has all the vacuum
lines going to it under the TB.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com