7mm exhaust valve guides

Wayne wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 13 09:41:26 CDT 2004

At 10:25 AM 9/13/2004, Jay Whitely wrote:
>I am rebuilding a Silvia DET head and my GTi-R head right now. Do you know
>if the exhaust valve guides are the same, seeing as how they both have 7mm
>exhaust valve stems?

My parts list shows two different numbers:  13212-53J60 (IN) and
13213-44F60 (Ex).  It doesn't say, but I *think* those are over-sized ones
that require re-boring the head.

>What kind of car can I get them for?  Do I order them for a 240SX? Or, do
>I have the machine shop measure the dimensions and order something from
>their supplier that has the same specs?

When I got one rebuilt many years ago, Nissan only had oversized
ones.  Neither the machine shop nor I wanted to screw with that.   They
were able to find bronze guides in the correct dimensions to put back in
the stock holes;  but I have no idea what engine they were designed for.

Hey... just checked JWT's web site, and they sell bronze guides.  That
sounds like the best way to go.

Anyone know what the story is on bronze guides vs. other materials?  The
OEM guides are cast iron.  But bronze seems to be the material of choice
for any high-perf rebuilds.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '90 Miata