Building Motor some questions....

P at bossman at customsteel.com
Mon Aug 23 19:18:30 CDT 2004

Looking for opinions and advice on this one.  Heres the scoop....building
the motor for the 91 P10 race car, high port, and gettting down to the nitty
gritty...

Bottom end:
Eagle rods
300ZX NA pistons 87mm
Cometic metal head gasket.

Top end:
S5 cams
Custom Exhaust maifold
Rocker arm stoppers
Slight port and polish

So, some questions I have, since Ill have the ECU sent out to accomodate the
S5's idle issues.  I was wondering if I should shave the domes on the
pistons to get a lower cr

...OR...

Leave the domes intact to achieve an even higher cr, but I am not positive
if the valves will clear running the high lift of the S5 cams, and may have
to cut the valve reliefs deeper on the poston to accomodate this.  I also
understand that Ill need to run the 11:1 program on the ecu if I keep the
domes on the pistons.

Ill be sending the block out for the over bore with a torque plate and might
get the pistons coated as well, just trying to do this on somewhat of a
budget.

Thanks for the advice,
P@
99' G20 with some mods...