Turbo Injectors cheap

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Mon Jul 12 21:24:34 CDT 2004

I'm a frequent lurker on the turbo Maxima forums where there are some sick 11
second 130MPH traps Maximas pushing 500WHP and 600TQ and one of the guys'
brother drives a 240SX and this is what they came up with.

"Ok, my brother is working on a project that very few Nissan guys have done. I
guess some scooby guys to this.

My bro has an 89 s13 sr20det that he has done himself from the ground up. Did
the whole engine install himself..yada, yada, yada. Anywho. He is big into
"making" his own mods. A real big DIY kind guy.

He is working on a injector "project" that may work for us. SR guys use z32
injectors just like us so I don't see how it would be any different.

I am not very familiar with a fuel injectors design, so excuse me if I sound
retarded. My brother is finding that 240cc, 370cc and 550cc injectors are
basically the same except there is a cap on the end with different size holes
that regulate the fuel. Behind that end cap is one large hole.

So my brother takes some stock KA injectors from a friend and removes the end
cap. Which leaves just the one large hole. He takes two of them to get flow
tested and they flow 550cc. The spray of the fuel is perfectly fine as well.

So it seems that the only difference between injectors might be the end cap.

What do you all think?

Oh, and the stock KA end caps had 3 very tiney holes. His frist idea was to
widen the holes to change the flow. But the holes are so very very small that
it would be almost impossible to enlarge them with any uniformity."

I looked today at a set of Tomei 550cc injectors I have installed in my
Project 400WHP KA26DET I'm buiding for a S14 (
www.cardomain.com/ID/blackbirdVQ) and I also compared stock 259 cc red top
SR20DE/VG30E/KA24DE injectors vs SR20DET purple top 370cc injectors- I found
out that 550cc injectors acutally have largest holes thus produce the most
flow, stock 259cc pintle holes are microscopic yet the 550s are pretty big.

Mike Jez
01 Max 5spd
93 G20 DET.
www.cardomain.com/ID/BlackBirdVQ