Bits for a motor swap

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Wed Jun 30 22:18:33 CDT 2004

Once upon a time (Wed Jun 30), Markslc1 at aol.com wrote:

> So I'm replacing my dead DE with another one.  So far I have the
> following recommended other parts I should be replacing while the
> motor is out

. Remove, clean, and reseal the oil pans. Check the front cover and
  possibly reseal that too if you see any leakage. Sealing those things
  is FAR easier off the car.
. Clean the intake chamber, throttle body, idle control valves,
  and so on. Much easier out of the car.
. Timing chain tensioner.
. Check the ECU coolant sensor, replace if needed.
. While the engine is out, you can do the ES steering rack bushings.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd