2005 Convention Ideas

Grant Simpson gs_austin at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:02:44 CDT 2004

I'm fresh meat in Austin (spend most of my time lurking) to this group,
but I've spent some time with the S2000 club honchos. They put together
their convention, S2KDays, here in Austin and had a great time. It was a
smaller affair than this will be, but Austin is a great place for a car
club to meet. All the ideas Khiem had are great. There is a drive out
towards Bee Cave (west on 71) that has some great side roads and a killer
barbecue place called Opies. Also, as far as crawdads are concerned,
there's a place up here called Sambat's where some friends of mine
regularly get live ones. As a cajun myself, I can tell you it's the real
deal. If we can't get them hauled up here, we can probably source them
from Sambat's.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Grant