2005 convention ideas

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 29 15:05:49 CDT 2004

Khiem, spdracer at mail.utexas.edu wrote:

>IF Austin is chosen as the central location....

>Hotel next to downtown Austin (Hyatt comes to mind, big parking lot)
>Drag racing Friday night at San Antonio Raceway ~1 hr from Austin
>Texas World Speedway on Sat. ~1.5-2 hrs from Austin

Don't think it will happen that way.

As you can see from Bruce's discussion of the track day, it's scheduled for
Friday.  That screws up the first two things on your list.

With the track right in College Station I think that will be the central
point.  Makes too much sense.

I agree with Greg Amy though, we shouldn't even think of planning the
convention on a home football weekend.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com