OEM catalytic converter

Stephen Attwood autoxer7 at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 20:52:24 CDT 2004

I've been searching online for an OEM cat.  Most of the parts places are
selling a Bosal unit (part number H3000-49567, ~$140) as an OEM replacement.
  I can't seem to find a "genuine" Nissan unit... perhaps they're made by
Bosal?

Anyhow, I just failed my emissions test (HC about 35% too high).  I might be
able to adjust my timing and fuel pressure so I can pass, but just in case
I'm thinking a new cat might be needed.  I currently have a six year old
Random Tech cat but according to Kojima it's only 70% efficient.  I'd rather
have an 99% efficient OEM cat.

Anyone have any experience with the Bosal units?  Are they as efficient as
the OEM?

Thanks,