Convention track day (Time Trials)

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez at ci.glendora.ca.us
Fri May 28 16:08:17 CDT 2004

We had perfect weather last Friday 5/21 for the SERCA Convention track
day, with the usual Desert Inn hi-jinks on the eve prior to.

If you missed the convention, you should go just for the driving event,
b/c that is the main draw in relation to the cars.  It's where drag
racers are converted! :) The track is the key factor on where & when the
convention is held, so my best wishes to those in the northeast since
rumor has it they are interested in hosting 2005.

Overall, except for the collision, we had a great track day, more than
enough track time.  In 3+ years and now 12 events, that was the 2nd
incident of contact we've had, not bad for an upstart organization.

Thanks to all the advanced instructors, Mike K. & to Naji for setting up
the time trials, which we hope to run at each event from now on.  The
results (using Long acre Hot-Lap units) are as follows w/ times & share
of purse for 1st - 5th:

1) Chris Allen - VVL NX   (1:36.67) $99
2) Jorge Peters - Ghetto $200 B13 (1:38.30) $55
3) Mike Whittaker - B13 (1:38.63) $33
4) Dave Allen - B13 (1:38.99) $22
5) Martin Gonzales - B14 SE-L (1:31.09) $11
6) Greg Vogel - B13 (1:41.77)

Congrats to all, next SoCal-SERCA at Streets is 10/8/04,

CAG