5th gear popout?

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 22 23:31:45 CDT 2004

You've got it, Steve. This is how every 5th gear pop out starts... stays in
for a little while, then pops back out. This will progressively get worse.

Lot's of people have bought the kit to fix it, others have just purchased
another tranny. It's up to you. If you have the time and like to tinker, do
the fix it kit... save you a little pocket change, anyway.

For me, buying another tranny seems to be a hit or miss... don't know how
long that will last or how abused it was. 6 months later, you could be back
in the same boat. On the other hand, I've heard that for some reason, the
tranny from a '97 SE-R is one of the better ones to pick up. Don't know why,
haven't come across that info during any searches.

I'm sure you'll get some people to chime in who've done both. Good luck, and
at least it's not 3rd gear.

Peace,
Mark