5th gear popout?

Steve Lotho steve at nissannx.info
Sat May 22 23:24:53 CDT 2004

k, I've heard about the 5th gear popout and actually drove one before.  As far
as my understanding the 5th gear will not allow you to stay in 5th at all.
But I have never heard what's happening to my SE-R.

On the way to and back from swap master general's house (Ben) this Friday, my
5th gear popped out while traveling at 80mph.  I press the clutch in and shift
it back to 5th, pops out immediately!  I shift it back again and this time it
stays!  Maybe about 40 or 50 miles or so later it does it again.  Happen twice
each way!

Could this be a sign of a 5th gear popout?  I see "Courtesy" have the 5th gear
pop out kit and 5 speed gear bearing kit.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/b13/oe_5th-gear.html

Thanks,

Steve Lotho aka Nismo91

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please