B13 SR20 Removal....Kinda Long

Steve sth at orcacom.net
Sat May 22 11:21:16 CDT 2004

Hey gang, the wounds have mostly healed (Only go to Physical Tortu..umm..
Therepy once a week now instead of 3 ) and it is time to take the low mile JDM
out of the rolled 91 and drop it in a decent 91 stripper I found with a rod
thru the block (#3 AGAIN....Just me or is that almost always the bad cyl?)
So.. the tranny in my rolled 91 is FUBAR deluxe, And so is the d side steering
assy. The back of the tranny and the cv shaft have become one with the rack
gear box...So, Is there a way to pull the motor witout the tranny? we are
talking some serious cutting to get the tranny loose on that side.  If the
time to try and get just the motor out is not to bad you can see why this
would be sooo much easier. Also, I will post some pics and the story of the
wreck (what I can remember anyways) soon with a list of NICE 91 Classic
interior parts for sale and some odds and ends ext parts as well. Thanks for
any advice and all the kind words after the wreck, You guys are the best,

Regards
Steve
91 Stock Super Black SE-R Sold
91 Vail White SE-R Rolled 5 times, was lightly modded, Now a true one of a
kind half convertible.
91 Vail White SE-R being built..
94 Stock Super Black SE-R Daily Driver