CV Boot Replacement

srwadet at cox.net srwadet at cox.net
Mon May 17 15:11:50 CDT 2004

> From what im hearing is that the boot wont fit over the dampner
>bushing on the shaft?

No, the large end of the boot will not fit over the cylinder
that retains the six ball bearing.  The inside of the boot
is not circular inside.  The damper does not need to
be removed until I replace the outer boot.  I think this boot
fits over the inner joint on the drivers axle.  Courtesy tells
me that both inner joints use the same boot according to
their information.
>From what im hearing is that the boot wont fit over the dampner bushing
on the shaft? If so it should be held on with a clamp and then you would
seperate it. The retaining clip that you forgot to put on is need or
there will be seperation more so on turning.