F**k! - alternator replacement gone bad.

Brad Richards richards at cs.vassar.edu
Sun May 9 09:55:08 CDT 2004

At 6:49 PM -0500 5/8/04, David Pertuz wrote:
>Has this happened to anyone else? Any words of consolation? Anyone have a
>part number for that connector that I can use to get it somewhere?

A few months back I needed one of those connectors too.  I called
around to dealers, put messages on the forums, etc.  Nobody had one,
unless I wanted to buy a chunk of wiring harness with it.  I finally
asked my local auto parts shop (formerly a Big-A, but now
independent), and they got me a couple for free from the shop that
rebuilds alternators for them!  Some of the alternators that they
take in have been cut from the wiring harnesses of junked cars, so
the shop builds up quite a collection of used connectors.  They were
happy to give them away.

	Brad