spec v oil change( Long)

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Thu Apr 29 20:02:58 CDT 2004

Mobil 1 5-30 or 10-30 every oil change since the 1st one at 1K miles on my
VQ30DE-K engine. I have 80K miles on mine and needed to repleace my oil pan-
drain got stripped out from all the oil changes I've done on it. I repleace
my oil every 2-3K miles and filter at the same time. While I had the pan off
I inspected my engine, and it was like new, not a sign of wear anywhere. The
block as a matter a fact looked like it just left the factory at 80K miles.
Same goes for the top of my engine- under the valve cover looks like a new
engine. It probably has something to do with my hard driving and engine
seeing high oil pressures all the time. My engine feels alot stronger at 80K
miles now that it ever did before. I've used synthetic in my 300K mile VG30E
powered Maxima and engine didn't burn a drop of oil anywhere. As a matter a
fact people always asked me if it really is the original engine cause it
looked so good. I noticed alot of older SR20s when they switch to synthetic
oil- they tend to burn oil more. SR20s have a tendency to burn oil through
the valve seals with age. These can be repleaced in the car if U have a
special tool to remove keepers and pressurize the combustion chamber- kinda
like what JWT does to install springs with their C-series cams :)
Mike Jez
01 Maxima soon to hit 100K miles.
93 G20 113K miles Avenir swap.