Wheel Weight vs. Wheel Width

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Mon Apr 19 14:24:07 CDT 2004

My new ATS Comp Lite's weigh in at ~6kg, or
13.2lbs, according to the manufacturer.  I haven't
weighed them with the 205/50/15 Azenis wrapped
around them.  I plan to use these for some of the
same 'hot lapping' your referring to on my N/A SE-R.

I can say, they were ridiculously cheap, but you
probably know that from the NE list.

I still say they are a good alternative to a 15"x6.5"
Konig or Rota.  Being a little cheaper didn't hurt,
either.  If I end up being wrong, and they suck on
a track, I can always relegate them to street only use.

I'll also mention that I'm probably going to have to
roll my rear fenders a hair to run them.  I tried them
out on the prokit/tokico/ST swaybar equipped '94,
and they rub the outside of the tire on the inside of
the fenderwell in the rear.

I still don't know how they will fare on my stiffer,
higher, GC equipped '92.  I'll also mention that it's
entirely probable that a slightly higher positive offset
would have kept me from having to slightly roll my
rear fenders, but I'm okay with a tiny bit of rolling in
the interest of being cheap.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>