Wheel Weight vs. Wheel Width

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Mon Apr 19 13:34:00 CDT 2004

I'm looking for an inexpensive 15" wheel to mount some R-compound
tires.
The tire size is 205/50/15. These wheels/tires will only be used for
hot
lapping; they will not be used in any kind of competition.

I've found one model of cheap 15x7 wheels that I suspect are not very
lightweight. I'm guessing maybe 17 pounds or so. The alternative is to
go
with 15x6.5 wheels that are only about 11 pounds.

Two questions:
1. For my application, would the extra weight hurt more or the
narrower
wheel width?
2. Anyone know of other cheap 15x7 wheels? 15x7 seems to be somewhat
rare, other than the super light super expensive forged ones.

thanks for any input,
matt ma . 92 SE-R