Need help selecting a safety harness

Tyler Clark mtclark5 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 10:33:55 CDT 2004

I am in need of a harness for my car. At the current time I do not have a roll
cage but plan on purchasing an Autopower race cage for the rear portion of the
car with a harness mount. I have a few drag races and a Solo II race coming up
in the near future and will not have a roll bar before these events. I am
wondering what my options are for a harness that will bolt to the existing
rear seat belt locations and can later be adapted to a roll bar mount. I have
been looking at the G-Force harnesses but I can;t figure out if the shoulder
straps are long enough to reach the rear seatbelt locations and I'm also not
sure which hardware is required to mount the 5 points correctly. Lastly should
I maybe be looking for a 4-Point for the short term then moving to a 5-Point
when I get the roll bar? Lastly will a 4-Point pass tech for NHRA? Any
suggestions on brand and where to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

TC
91 SE-R with whoooosh