G35 Exhaust?

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Fri Apr 16 23:11:47 CDT 2004

Seeing how I drive a VQ powered Maxima and had my share of G35s and 350Zs to
drive I must say that the exhaust tone of a 350Z can be reproduced with a
Greddy catback exhaust and HS headers on a 3.5L 5spd Altima. It so similar
that its hard to tell its not a G/Z coming down the road. The distinctive
growl comes out of a VQ35 vs VQ30s. VQ30s don't sound anything like the VQ35
even when U put the same kinda exhaust mods on them. My Maxima sounds more
like a 2JZ powered Supra with a exhaust on it than a 350Z. I have a custom
exhaust on mine. U can't reproduce that sound with a 4 cylinder.... those
extra 2 cylinders make it growl differently :) Whats nice is 6psi of boost
on a VQ35 with the right tuning and exhaust will produce around 425WHP and
400lbs of torque :)
Mike Jez
Donating Maxima.org member.