Fuel pump?

Chris Pronios hpro at b-link.gr
Fri Apr 2 08:15:11 CST 2004

Yes, it does John although I believe you were lucky in that it started in
your first effort.

I had similar problems for 2-3 months a couple of years ago and they were
"traced" to the pump which eventually was NOT in fault.

In my case, when turning the key to IGN-ON I could not hear the pump priming
under the back seat. Instead, and because of the lack of this sound, I could
hear the pump relays clicking on the front right of the engine compartment
and I thought that the pump was going to go soon. After repeated tries like
your, sometimes more than 10-20 crank-efforts, it would start and idle fine.

Culprit was a dying battery (that could not provide enough current to the
pump???)  although it had power enough to crank. I know it sounds silly but
once I changed the battery the problem went away and never appeared again.
Any opinions regarding my problem? :-))

Anyway, did you hear the pump priming before you cranked it?

Chris