Brake Pad Recommendations

Kloth, Gerald gkloth at agnesscott.edu
Fri Apr 2 07:41:31 CST 2004

>I've tried searching SR20forums and cannot come up with a satisfying answer
as to what track pads I should use on my SE-R classic.

Don't forget to upgrade your brake fluid.  If you haven't already installed
stainless steel brake lines, you should also consider those.  They greatly
improve pedal feel.  I ran Porterfield R4S pads at last year's convention with
no problems on a stock '97.  Of course, the track was not very fast so it was
not hard on brakes.  The pads have a higher coefficient of friction than stock
pads so I left them in for daily use.  I think I paid around $90 for the
fronts.

Jerry Kloth

'97 stocker with 236,000 miles