G20 nearing completion!!!

The Walrus walrusx4 at maine.rr.com
Wed Mar 24 00:09:26 CST 2004

so it's mostly back together.

I'm testing the engine to see if it will start before I put the axles etc.
all
back in.

It turns over like, 3 times, real slowly. then it won't go anymore - the
solenoid clicks, but the lights on the dash are not right. when I pull the
key out - it's like the key is still in in the acc position - except a few
lights are kinda weird dim. it's really weird. I checked the fuses. my car
is a 95 g20, and the engine is from a 96. I notieced a few differences. just
a few though. I'm a bit... concerned. I'm using the 95 harness/ECU. I have
the 96 ECU will that help? do I just plug it in? it's from an automatic. is
the starter from an automatic different?

1. there are two wiring harneses on the top of the engine that attach to a
black box on the the throttle assembly. these plugs are missing. are
these... important? (doh).

2. there is a brown connector that will not attach to anything.

3. there is also a thing that's on that rear engine bracket thing that I
just didn't even bother reattaching because it holds nothing and it's
stupid, do I really need that and what is that thing attached to it with the
small vacuum hoses and the sensor, and my existing harness won't fit into
it. I may splice.

4. could any of these things explain the weird symptoms listed above?
detaching the battery resets it back to how it was, but it won't turn over
anymore. Has anyone seen this?

it will take me forever, but I have the wiring harness from the 96 and the
ECU, but what a mess to rip it all out!!! I don't think I can bear it.

let me know if you can - thanks in advance guys!

PS I still need a front motor mount insert - new used old aftermarket.

Dan in Maine
walrusx4 at Maine.rr.com
207.332.6357