Window Weld and Motormounts

Berkeley and Bill Conner annapolis13315 at netzero.com
Wed Mar 10 10:21:17 CST 2004

hlava wrote:

> Really, ES bushings are harder than Window Weld? I was thinking just the
> opposite, especially with what Bill said about the shifter not moving
> anymore... he went from ES to Window Weld.

I tried the WW because this is my daily driver and I wanted to get some more
control of the movement without adding vibration.  My impression is that the WW
is more compliant than the ES poly material that I have in my other car.
Additionally, the WW is really a caulk-like consistency, not a liquid so you can
moderate the amount of WW you put in the mount to make it stronger or not so
much stronger.  The more WW you use, the less movement, and the more likelihood
of vibration.

I don't know how long these mounts will stay this way, but, as I said, there is
very little drive train movement and no added vibration.  For once, I got what I
was looking for the first time I tried.

As always, YMMV.

Bill