Non-SE-R: Viri/worms warnings

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Fri Mar 5 11:38:42 CST 2004

Hi,

I don't know how many of you have been hit yet, but be forewarned:
there are several new variants of a virus/worm out this week. I
have begun seeing a number of bounces, receiving them, so on. They
are disguising themselves well enough to fool lots of users. If
any of you receive a message claiming to be from the se-r-list.org,
deskmedia.com, sr20de.net, se-r.net, or any other domain I manage here,
warning you of a diabled account or some such, with an attachment,
it is NOT real. It is a virus, and the attachment should not be
opened. If/when one of these messages makes it to the mailing list
(it already did on the se-r-club-canada list), it shouldn't be an
issue, as attachments are removed.

If you are unfortunate enough to be using Windows and reading email
with a Windows program, be careful.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd