Clutch

Ron A atteber1 at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 3 15:58:04 CST 2004

Welcome to my world. I've never had clutch problems with any other car,
but just had to replace the disc for the second time due to it trying to
puke a spring.

I don't really rag on the car, but occasionaly catch second. I've found
that the springs cushion the engaging of the clutch. The friction
material engages, the springs compress and the floating center moves the
input shaft. I guess by catching second or any sudden engagement of the
clutch could cause the center part to "bottom out" and maybe damage the
stops. That's all I can figure. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

"The guy at the shop who just installed the new clutch said the "clutch
spring" broke."

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic