Need Radiator Upgrade Advice

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:21:18 CST 2004

I recently confirmed that my radiator is leaking by using a pressure tester
and it seems to leak pretty badly.  I need advice on which radiator to get.
The car is a daily driver and I only go to track events 3-4 times a year so
it's not a track whore. The car has ALL the bolt ons (including UR 4 pulley
set) and last dyno day put out 151 HP to the wheels so it might stress the
cooling system just a bit more than stock. It also has 112K miles if that
matters any, and has to deal with shitty Southern California heat and
traffic. hehehe not much heat now but certainly never run out of traffic.

I've been looking up on the Modine model that NAPA sells for about $150 and
it seems like a good replacement for the stock radiator. I read on the
archives that it's not the greatest but I don't think the price can be beat.
Plus being beefier should equal, if not better, the stock radiators
efficiency.

The other one is an all aluminum radiator made by CSF and it's here at the
very bottom of the page :

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/ProductPage.asp?idProd=32

It's $100 more than the Modine but I wonder how much more performance am I
going to get from it? Also, how do you guys think it would compare to the
NISMO radiator since it's almost the same price. Greg V says he can get me a
NISMO radiator for about $290.

I don't want to get too much radiator than what I need so I don't want to
spend the money on a KOYO even though I know it's the best one for our cars.
Not to mention it's another $100 above the NISMO's price. TIA

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods