Clutch pedal effort question (Kinda long)

Frank Orozco forozco at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 20:04:25 CST 2004

Ray,

Next time you drop the tranny, check the clutch arm and see if it is binding
on anything.  Change the throw out bearing, and apply some molybdenum grease
to the TO bearing, clutch arm, and all the points specified in the FSM with
the "oil" icon.

I've found it common to get a harder and harder clutch pedal as the clutch
wears away on the SE-R.  Maybe it's because the engagement point has moved
in, or maybe it is just the grease used on the TO bearing has dried up?

A trick my Nissan tech friend taught me is to use some anti-seize on the TO
bearing, clutch arm, etc... Seems to stay smoother for much longer!

Frank Orozco
1996 200sx SE-R