Clutch pedal effort question (Kinda long)

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 00:13:20 CST 2004

Hey guys, Ive got an issue that's been bothering me for quite a while. For
those who don't know I have a 98 Sentra SE with a JWT lightened flywheel,
JWT pressure plate, B15 disc, and a Phantom Grip limited slip installed. My
clutch pedal effort is on the fairly heavy side and I have tried Martin G's
car, which is a 99 Sentra SE-L with the exact same setup, his pedal effort
is on the lighter side.

What gives? Now one might think that it may be due to some type of improper
installation of said components but even before I installed them, my pedal
effort seemed pretty heavy. It was confirmed when Martin G tested it (the
clutch pedal) a while ago when I first had the clutch "gritch" and I was
asking him for advice. He commented at the time that the effort seemed
unusually high for stock and remained so even after I replaced the whole
clutch assembly and a new cable. Tranny fluid is Redline MT90 although I
don't think it has any effect on pedal effort.

Today was even more eye opening as I had Robert Sousa who has an ACT clutch
setup tell me that my pedal effort was heavy. I'd like some advice before I
go to great and expensive lengths to figure out if anything is wrong with my
clutch or even worse my tranny. The car has 114K miles and the clutch
assembly was put in last July and has been the same since installation.

It's actually getting to the point where it's not fun to shift anymore so I
need help please. TIA

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods