Auto to Manual Tranny Swap Problems

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Mon Feb 2 00:12:02 CST 2004

"P@" wrote:

> it into first, but even with the clutch pedal pushed in all the
> way, the rotors begin to spin, hence the clutch is engaging.

Rather the clutch is not disengaging fully.

> I cannot put it into any other gears without feeling
> like its grinding into place.

Sounds like you need to adjust the pedal.  If the Hydraulic
clutch is like the Max you need to adjust the pedal inside the
car to adjust the amount of throw the hydraulics actually do.

> Could a miss alingment cause this problem?

Misalignment how?

> 2) This is a hydraulic clutch, I believe that I have gotten
> all of the air out of the system but it still feels soft to
> me, keep in mind this is the

Air could be a problem too.  Bleed it again just to make sure.

> be no adjustment for the slave cylinder in terms of adjusting
> the throw.

See above about the pedal.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R