oil filtration ?

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 21:56:42 CST 2004

Mike said:
<snip>
> http://www.amsoil.com/products/bf.html. Its a bypass oil
> filtration system that utilizes a 2nd oil filter to filter out the smaller
> particles that the normal oil filter can not filter out.
<snip>

>From the looks of the diagram on their web site, the secondary oil filter
pulls oil from the oil pressure sending unit place, and returns it to the
oil pan. This effectively lessens the amount of oil that your recipricating
parts will see at any given moment. This would be akin to the same problems
with running at low oil pressures if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't sound like
a good idea to me. Why isn't it in-line? I would take a guess at that, and
say that to filter the oil to 1/10 microns, that filter doesn't flow enough
oil, and it would be like a brick wall in the oil line.
Brick wall... Never mind.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R