Long live Hotshot (was OBhex and stuff)

russell mcmullan cleanone at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 27 07:12:07 CST 2004

Mike, Say it isn't so!  If I am unable to get a gen 6 header from Hotshot at
their reasonable prices, I might just have to plug in a bunch of numbers at
the Burns Stainless website and get a one off header that will produce power
like the Hotshot.  I cringe at the thought of what that may cost.

With all of the latest innovations in SR20 tuning, my head has been spinning
thinking of 200whp in naturally aspirated glory.  But the goal depends on a
properly designed header that only a limited few can provide.  Tell John
that he still has a loyal group of buyers ready to move up to a new design
for more power.  With the mods i want to do, My old Gen 3 (that has given me
no problems what so ever) will have to be replaced.

Also, the new design , if it incorporates a 3" collector, it will be
primarily for big cam cars, right?  I think I have and old gen 1 or 2 (got
it used) on my '92 ITS race car which is not allowed to have cams.  Should I
  move to a Gen 5 for more power on stock cams?

Again Mike, thanks for all of your unyielding efforts to bring more power to
the SR20 community.  You are a highly respected individual that can cut
loose with the best of them!

Russell McMullan
Orlando, Fl
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned
'92 SE-R ITS race car
'92 E daily driver with HOTSHOT GA 16 header no less!
'99 Silverado that will probably be traded for a Titan in the future.